Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Clothing

Late at night, I heard a door open.

Normally, this wouldn’t bother me. Bumps in the night aren’t such a big deal to me after laughing at Paranormal Activity 2.

Normally, I would have gone back to sleep. However, the person or intruder or whoever it was proceeded to take off his shoes, walk up the stairs, turn a corner, turn another corner, and walk into a room.

Normally, I would have been sleeping at this point.

Normally, I would have only heard him open the door and shut the door to his room.

However, said person had on a coat made of leather. He did not remove it when he entered the house. Thus, I heard every single movement he made. It was only when he closed the door to his room that my selective hearing finally settled down, and I drifted back to sleep.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, bud.

It wasn’t until a night like this that I realized how loud clothing can be. Listen to a person with a collared shirt on. Listen to the shirt when he walks, moves around, does something. Maybe even make some eye contact. A smile, a wink.

*ahem*

Bottom line: Clothing is loud, in more than a visual way.

No comments:

Post a Comment