Friday, December 24, 2010

Background

I suppose I could give a short anecdote on my background image.

One fine, completely normal evening, I was saving a picture of my cat….’s face to my “Pictures” folder. I didn’t want the horrible .jpeg quality drop that MS Paint did, so I selected the (*.bmp) extension. Upon saving, my cat….’s face became an almost indistinguishable blob of grey, white, and black. After a few confused obscenities and a quick check to see if I hadn’t gone totally colorblind, I realized that I had saved her face in a monochrome bitmap file by accident….but my feline friend’s new look wasn’t that bad. After changing a few white pixels to gray, and vice versa, I had a passable monochrome image of my cat….’s face. After saving again, I decided to slap it onto my background here. Then, after a few more minor alterations, wham-o. You’re looking at my cat….’s face.

The Culprit 
Pictured: The Culprit

No comments:

Post a Comment